Friday, February 10, 2012

Deep into the heart of a Rose


Deep Into The Heart of a Rose
Published: January 19,2012

Goodreads Synopsis:


Sometimes days happen to you,  and sometimes you happen to days
With this thought in his heart, Edward T. Cozzlebottom sat in his cottage and composed a love letter to his neighbor, Ezmerelda Wimbish. The creation of this simple letter set into motion events that will lead both Mr. Cozzlebottom and Mizz Wimbish on perilous and wondrous journeys outside their idyllic village in the Vale.

Their simultaneous adventures carry them down opposite paths, where they encounter the Wicked Tinker, the Walrus King, the Trench Systers, and ultimately, the enigmatic leader of the Black Lodge, Abraham Jefferies. It is the mysterious Abraham Jefferies who understands the full power and meaning of the letter, and it is his will to destroy it that places Mr. Cozzlebottom, Mizz Wimbish, and all they have ever known on the verge of abyss.

Poetic, philosophical, and entertaining, Deep Into the Heart of a Rose takes you on a journey to a place both strange and familiar. A journey that leads you both away from - and back to - yourself.


I had a hard time finishing this book because it doesn't make any sense to me and I apologize for being so harsh but I'm being truthful. It was hard for me to get into and even harder for me to follow.I'm sorry to be so negative. I do however love the poems in the book!




My Thoughts:
I had a hard time finishing this book because it doesn't make any sense to me and I apologize for being so harsh but I'm being truthful. It was hard for me to get into and even harder for me to follow.I'm sorry to be so negative. The story line was a little confusing to me and I never felt like I got anything cleared up for me to fully understand the story.I do however love the poems in the book!


2 comments:

  1. Sometimes books just don't click with you. Thanks for being honest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this was a really good review. I admire you for being honest! I'm sorry it wasn't better for you, but I hope your next book is great! :)

    Stephanie @ Stepping Out of the Page
    Remember to drop by my International Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete