Friday, February 3, 2012

Random reads Choice for February





Random Reads
Random Reads is a monthly meme hosted by I'm Loving Books

In short, Random Reads is a meme where we pick a random book from our shelf to read within the month. I’m on Goodreads so I’m using a combination of the sorting feature and Random.org to pick the book I’m going to read.
Want to join in on Random Reads?
It’s easy…
  1. If you’re on Goodreads enable sorting to your to-read shelf (you should see numbers next to each book now).
  2. Go to Random.org and type in the Min as 1 and the Max as how many ever books are on your to-read shelf.
  3. Scroll down to the book matching the number Random.org picks.
  4. Link up to your Random Reads post (below).
  5. Read and be merry. 

If you’re not on Goodreads just pick a random book from your list in whatever way you want to do it. You can use the method I used above or even just close your eyes and point randomly at a book on your bookshelf if you want (spin the bottle style). lol
The only exceptions are if it’s a book that’s in the middle of a series you’re reading and you haven’t gotten to that book yet then you can pass and pick another random book. Or, if it’s a book you look at and realize it’s something you’re no longer interested in then you can DELETE it from your to-read list and pick another. You can also obviously skip it if it’s a coming soon book that hasn’t been released yet.

The random read I'll be doing for this month is Supernatural Devices (Steampunk Scarlett #1) by Kailin Gow

2 comments:

  1. oh what a great choice! I haven't read this yet, but I want to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea i thought it sounded really good so hopefully it wont let me down!

      Delete