Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Supernatural Devices Review





Published: October 27, 2011


Goodreads Synopsis:

Scarlett was a sensible seventeen year old young lady or so everyone thought, but there was definitely more to her. The daughter of famous English Egyptologists and archeologists Theodore and Gemma Seely, she was prone to adventure and all the world had to offer. 



It was the 1890s, and she had just received a letter from one of her parents' dearest friend, a certain detective who lived on Baker Street, who needed her help on a case most bizarre. 


As she embarks through the supernatural side of London, ventures into the forbidden realms bordering Victorian society; often accompanied by a dashing but infuriating Lord Darthmoor; Scarlett's first case, which had seemed so innocent at first had taken a turn for the unexpected and dangerous. 


My Thoughts:
I loved Scarlett she was so fiery and independent yet retained some lady like behavior. I thought the males in this book were awesome there were four rather important men in the story and all of them sexy and different. Of course Cruces had my heart from His and Scarlett's first meeting, but then Tavian gave him a run for his money. I like Scarlett's unique aibilty and the fact that this story also involves the famous Sherlock Holmes. I didn't like the length of the book it seemed more a novella then a full length novel but the story spun during those 143 pages was amazing enough for me not to care that much.


This was my Random Read for this month
Random Reads

1 comment:

  1. Awesome cover!! I have enjoyed the steampunk genre and this looks like another one I'll grab. Kind of not liking that it's so short, but we'll give it a go. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete