Saturday, March 18, 2017

Trial by Dreams Review

Trial by dreams
written by: Jolene Buchheit
published: October 15, 2016







Goodreads Synopsis:
Julia and Vander thought their trial was over. But Demeter has only just begun wreaking havoc on their lives.

Julia finally accepted that her boyfriend is the son of a Siren and her family isn't as normal as she once thought. But when she accidentally unlocks a power she didn't know she had, her world dissolves into chaos once more. Now she is forced to uncover the truth about who she truly is, in order to triumph over their most important quest yet.

For Vander, the stakes have been raised as he seeks what was taken from him, torn between his need to protect Julia from Demeter and his focus on their second trial. What starts as a twisted journey across Iowa dissolves into recurring dreams that foreshadow a dark fate should they fail to work together.

As the fear of failure builds and time ticks away, Julia and Vander must learn to trust their instincts – and one another – before their reality spins into a nightmare that rips them apart.



Brandi's Thoughts:
Trial by Dreams by Jolene Buchheit
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow!

First let me just say, I absolutely did not expect that to happen at the end! Major twist. Good job on that, I don't recall any foreshadowing. I like to be surprised :)

Anywho, great 2nd installment to the series. Cant wait for more. Hopefully Julia calms down a little bit. Sometimes I forget they are supposed to be seniors in high school and not middle schoolers. Reading about the closeness of Lizzy, Taylor and Julia makes me miss my high school friendships. I absolutely love it.

Also, I really enjoyed getting to know more of the Greek gods and goddesses on this bool. Alot of research went in. I don't know much about mythology but it sounds pretty legit. :) Excited to meet more in the next book.

Keep them coming Jolene.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment